Monday, December 28, 2009

Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes Per Day

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/the-almost-no-knead-baguette-recipe

Update:
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/ridiculously-easy-no-knead-sticky-buns-recipe

3 comments:

Cherylyn said...

Do you have a good whole wheat bread recipe? I've always wanted to make my own bread, but grinding the wheat by hand and kneading the dough by hand gets to be a lot of work. Maybe I should just stop complaining, buckle down and do it.

I used to make sourdough bread for a while, and I kept a starter going and made a big round every few days. It was so simple and yummy, but unfortunately not everyone in my family likes sourdough as much as I do :(

Rachel said...

Cherylyn, stay tuned this year. I'm embarking on some new ideas and will post what I learn. I'm interested in bread as nutrient dense as I can make it but enjoyable to my whole family. I will not be grinding my own flour, but I may be combining all-purpose flour with flax that I grind myself. I'm going to give it a couple of tries, anyway. This would not need soaking, but maybe it will work great with the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes per Day recipe for bread. Perhaps, also, I will buy flour from my local mill, which is very fresh.

Rachel said...

Gluten Free Bread: http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com/2007/01/i-am-stubborn-i-dont-give-up.html