The Beautiful Truth (available now on Netflix instant) is a great story of an American teen who began homeschooling at age 15 and the documentary is a result of his work on his project with his Dad. He travels all over the world for his homeschool project* and they film interviews with amazing people. The issues covered include The Gerson Miracle, vaccinations, dental amalgams, food additives like MSG, GMO food, irradiated food, and other things related to optimal health which the food beurocrats will not tell us about because they are all making money off of keeping us sick. Real food and simple cures are not patentable. I have heard all of these things for years, but this film is a nice introduction to all of the issues and a great way to share with families and friends who are new to the ideas. I am taking away some practical items for further research and I was already getting concerned about anything I might be able to do to help my body detox from the constant onslaught of mercury offgassing in my mouth.
I have been making gradual dietary changes which I have stuck with for over 10 years, but there is still much more I can do to live more in harmony with nature. And, thinking of the juicing, the teen in the documentary traveled to the southern tip of Mexico to visit a teen girl who cured of cancer using Dr. Gerson's diet and it was ironic to see a juicer there in their small, rustic cabin; but the point was made that while truly "organic" food is readily available there, it is difficult to obtain here in the U.S. I and many mothers who I converse with here do find a large part of our time involved with "gathering" food, and preparing it, researching what is healthiest for us. I am starting to prepare a binder of dietary information which I will use to educate my children as they mature. Certainly at this time it is not all contained in one book and they won't learn it at any of the usual schools. One of the problems of for us is that the wise, ancient ways were lost in the name of scientific proof, and with several generations creating the gap, we now have to consciously seek and create the synthesis between science and the oldways. It will be quite some time before any textbook of our highest health and disease prevention information is widely recognized. Furthermore, each nuclear family is adapting itself within the larger context of our diseased culture, and it is difficult to "live in the world, but not of it." The most helpful trait for us and our children will be flexibility and the motive to ask the most overarching question: "Should we?" Peace to you all, today, as you work to provide for your families, create a loving and protected space for you and your people to enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment