The best primer to get you started is Eat Fat Lose Fat. This describes the benefits and use of coconut fat on a daily basis and in conjunction with the most critical vitamins and minerals. After 5 years as a marginal user of the Nourishing Traditions cookbook, I am returning to basis with Eat Fat Lose Fat. It is a great help to me on my Candida Diet. Eat Fat Lose Fat is a pared-down version of Nourishing Traditions, "for the masses," so to speak. I will be trying to cook new recipes out of EFLF this month to help me expand my repertoire in using coconut milk. My husband and I both like world cuisine. I made a Thai curry on Thursday night and an easy Thai soup yesterday.
Nourishing Traditions is a great book to have on your shelf and to hand down to your children. I purchased an extra copy to share among extended family. It contains a lot of science, traditional wisdom, gourmet and basic recipes, and tips. It contains the "infant formula" recipes, lots of beverages, etc. Some of the recipes are very foundational and basic, while some are wild and traditional.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment