https://shop.bodyecology.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BE021
I ordered SlimSweet Lo Han from vitacost.com. I think it is the same as Luo Han Guo mentioned in that article.
This means that we can buy Lo Han cheap and mix it with Erythritol for our own sweetener. It is better than xylitol because it doesn't cause GI gas. Similarly, it is non-caloric and doesn't feed yeast (Candida).
I still use stevia in many things, and would be prone to mix all of the above to give a more balanced flavor to things like baked goods, or for those in my family who want things sweeter than I do.
Xylitol causes GI gas. However, it has some benefits that help the GI flora balance and is very good for the mouth flora - helping prevent cavities. I recommend chewing Xylitol gum as long as it is the main ingredient (no artificial sweeteners). I use Xlear Spry gum in 3 flavors. I also am trying to build a little tolerance to xylitol and sort of trying out using it as a "supplement" when I think of it.A friend of mine uses xylitol like toothpaste for her kids (my kids dumped it all out in a sugar-searching frenzy).
On that note, mouthwash Biotene PBF breaks down biofilms in the mouth and it is nothing short of small miracle in my mouth. Don't even have to use it every day. It keeps my teeth feeling clean for much longer than usual (and I notice, because I've had fuzzy teeth for 3 years and got a filling about 18 months ago).
---------
Amended:
Another note: I notice erythritol is being used in more products, which is good for us, since it will replace artificial sweeteners like aspertame. I've recently noticed that Vitamin Water and similar drinks have erytritol (unfortunately they also contain Vit B12 cyanocobalamin--which contains cyanide, which we need to avoid). The good news is that convenience products are getting smarter. Perhaps someday, U.S. residents will be as healthy as the average European. This would be good news for our children, especially.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment