I spent the greater part of today poring over this order (and other online health reading to substantiate my order and prep for grocery shopping).
I have many other food items and supplements to purchase still this month as I evolve my plan.
Here's what I bought from vitalbee and why:
I did NOT buy children's digestive enzymes. There are 3 chewables and they all have stearates.
What I did purchase ended up all being from Thorne Research, and none of these products contain stearates.
I got the Thorne Basic Nutrients multi-vitamin--much cheaper than Dr. Ron's Doc's Best. It does not have K2 and is lower in B6 and zinc.
The big bonus to Thorne's Basic Nutrients is that it contains two optimal forms of folate to regulate histamines. (Doc's Best only contains the synthetic form: folic acid).
The zinc doesn't matter anyway--have to take zinc at a different time of day away from calcium.
B6 made up for with the B Complex.
K2 made up for with K2 drops.
CoQ10 and R-AlphaLipoic acid - consider if you want to (I ignored)
antioxidants - going for Vit C and bioflavanoids instead of grape seed, getting more in our veggies and fruits as we add them, selenium in our 2 brazil nuts per day and Vit E in our egg yolks.
K2 drops - Will be interesting to see how long this bottle lasts. I am hoping for a year, or even 6 months for the four of us in our family.
Vitamin C with flavonoids. I plan to use this mainly for the kids and Erik. I might take one per day, but will take extra Ascorbic Acid for histamine symptoms.
B Complex - Just seemed like an overall better deal instead of buying separate bottles of Biotin, B12 and Folate, and here I would get a more well-rounded combination. Touted for sleep and mood support.
Monday, August 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment