Proof that capping your own herbs saves a lot of money!
1 lb = 453,592.37 mg
600 mg x 100 capsules (a bottle of milk thistle capsules from Mountain Rose Herbs) = 60,000 mg.
453,592/ 60,000 = 7.559 (750 capsules)
Therefore, there are 7.6 bottles of milk thistle in one pound of herb powder.
Purchase 3 bottles of said milk thistle capsules for $22.95.
One pound of milk thistle powder is $10.00. Already we see a huge savings. What's the cost of the capsules themselves?
$23 for 1000 gelatin capsules (Mountain Rose Herbs)
$11.99 for 1000 (vitacost.com)
700 capsules would be $8.99 to $17.25 for 750 capsules
$10 milk thistle seed powder
$9 for capsules
= $19 for 1 pound
Divided by 7.5 for per bottle price = $2.53 per bottle when you make it yourself.
But, I want a capsule maker and that will add to my price. However, at this savings, it's worth it! I can use it as often as I want for as many different herbal preps as I want. I'll be buying The Capsule Machine, which makes 24 capsules at a time, from Mountain Rose Herbs which has a great price. Alternatively, the Cap-M-Quik makes 50 capsules at a time but the concept is the same. I've used my friend's Cap-M-Quick and I can't see that making 24 at a time will add that much time to my total work time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment