Sunday, October 21, 2007

toothpastes for kids

See all posts on Teeth

UPDATE: Weleda Child Tooth Gel
is very nice and my kids have been using it. It's got a light mint taste (my son doesn't like adult mint toothpastes, but he likes this one).

After trying several safer toothpastes, I like Nature's Gate toothpaste. But, I want to switch up the toothpaste for my toddlers, too. They've been using Tom's of Maine strawberry toothpaste (comes with or w/o flouride). I don't want a mint flavored one for them, and no flouride.

I was surprised that there were several brands I will be looking more into. All of these following are rated a "1" on the EWG Skin Deep site. (0 is their perfect score. I'm willing to live with a 1 or 2)

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/browse.php?category=toothpaste&&showmore=products&start=0

Jason Natural Cosmetics Earth's Best Toddler Toothpaste - Strawberry & Banana
Tom's of Maine Fluoride Toothpaste Anticavity & Dry Mouth Apricot
Weleda Child Tooth Gel
Tom's of Maine Natural Homeopathic-Style Whitening Toothpaste, Apricot
Tom's of Maine Natural Liquid Toothpaste for Children, Goofy Grape
Tom's of Maine Goofy Grape Liquid Fluoride-Free for Children
Tom's of Maine Homeopathic Apricot*
Burt's Bees Doctor Burt's Children's Toothpaste
Burt's Bees Children's Toothpaste
Burt's Bees Childrens Orange Cream Toothpaste
Jason Natural Cosmetics PowerSmile Vanilla Mint


*I've also used the Tom's of Maine Homeopathic Apricot and really like it, although I don't like using it all the time. I figure that for my kids it's a good all-around solution: safe and flavored sweetly.

No comments: