Friday, March 28, 2008

Cod Liver Oils (CLO)

Nordic Naturals is my favorite for taste. No fishiness at all. Comes in several flavors and types.

Barlean's and Carlson's are good for lemon flavor (not fishy) and lower price.

Garden of Life: Lemon Mint. I use this one because it has a high amount of vitamins. It is slightly fishy. I chase it quickly with either milk or liquid multivitamin or juice or even water. My kids take it without complaint.

Green Pastures: Blue Ice. All flavors are high vitamin and high quality but are just too fishy for me.

I liked capsules in Nordic Naturals, Health from the Sun or Garden of Life: CodMega.

The more routinely you take CLO, the better you will be accustomed to it and stop burping up the fish flavor.

Check with westonaprice.org to find out the most recent recommendations in brands and to learn more about proper dosing of natural-source vitamins A and D.

I take mine in the evening, before nighttime sleep.

Shop vitacost.com for the best prices.

No comments: