Thursday, March 27, 2008

Magnesium

MAGNESIUM

Look on Vitacost.com for great prices!

Liquid Magnesiums

Floradix
13 servings of 250 mg
$14.17
$1.09 per

Nutricology
96 servings of 66.5 mg
25.5 servings of 250 mg
$7.70
$0.30 per

Trace Minerals Research Liquimins Mag (also contains ConcenTrace)
15 servings of 400 mg
24 servings of 250 mg
$4.74
$0.1975 per

Peter Gillham's Natural Calm (You have to mix with hot water)
$18.99 for 16 oz. 8+ week supply
16-week supply for 250 mg
112 servings
$0.1695 per

My conclusion: Use Peter Gillham's if you want the flavors or the fact that it is powder and weighs less to ship, or weighs less to travel with (also comes in packets). It's more work to prepare, though you may enjoy the rapid absorption for calming before bedtime (I noticed a dramatic effect when I first started taking it for my Restless Legs Syndrome). Use the Trace Minerals Research which is 3 cents more per 250mg but worth the convenience of using straight out of the bottle. I would mix either in juice, maybe milk if using a plain flavor.


Every parent should read this:

Also read my posts in March 2008 for my ideas on nutritional supplements for adults and children.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kendra

I just thought you might find this interesting. You probably already know this works. Alyson has been experiencing ADD/ADHD symptoms at school and at home, but noticeably at school. I know from experience with nieces and nephews that I would not get her on a medicine regimen with a doctor, so I began reading up on ADD/ADHD diet modifications. At the end of one of the books I was reading it listed different supplements that are important for children with ADD. Magnesium along with some others caught my attention. I got a magnesium citrate supplement and have been giving it to both of the kids each evening since. Just yesterday I had an aha moment and realized since I began giving Alyson the supplement, she has gotten a star (meaning good day at school) EVERY school day since. She still has some moments where she is a little wild, but I am amazed that a simple vitamin supplement can change a child so drastically!!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kendra

Rachel,

Yeah, go for it! I don’t mind at all. The more people that know, the better. Actually, I kind of tested my theory, Alyson has not taken the magnesium in the last couple days and I can see a major difference. Just this morning, before even really getting started with breakfast, etc, she was dancing around being crazy. Please do share this information. I am sure there are people out there that need this information.

You might want to check webmd website for information on add/adhd symptoms. I know some include headaches, fatigue, restlessness, hyperactivity, easily distracted, can’t concentrate, can’t focus, does not stay on task, messy, disorganized, mood swings, never satisfied, and there are many, many more. I have a couple books that I would recommend to anyone that wants to go with an alternate to medicine if they think there child is ADD/ADHD. One Laura let me borrow called the ADD/ADHD Diet. I do not remember the author, but it is an easy read and pretty short. I also have one, which I am still reading, call “Solving the puzzle of your hard to raise child”. Again, I don’t remember the author, but so far it is very informative. Some information is give and take, you really have to decide what is good information that pertains to your child directly. Dr. Sear’s has an Add book that I have purchased, but I have not gotten to start it yet. Let me know if you need anymore information on any of these books, I can look when I get home.

No comments: