Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lettuce Wrap Sandwich

Conversion of Roly Poly Sandwich #10 California Turkey
Roly Poly Original: Turkey Breast, Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Scallions, Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado, Sprouts, Mango Chutney, Ranch Dressing

Rachel's: Romaine lettuce leaf wrapped around bacon slice, turkey, mango chutney, tomato, chopped scallions

I made a ranch dressing with mayonnaise, fresh lemon juice, chopped fresh cilantro, dash of cayenne, dash dried parsley, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, dash celery seed and a dash of stevia. Tip: Mix enough lemon juice in to the desired consistency.


Substitutes:
Mango Chutney -> Grapes, apricot preserves
Bacon -> extra smoked turkey
Cheddar cheese -> I don't need it! The other flavors are great together without the cheese.
Avocado -> You can use slices or make your ranch dressing with avacado, or leave it out altogether.
Sprouts -> Healthy addition, but I didn't have them. I would like to have them when not having bread.
Ranch Dressing -> Make your own! Try using avacado and mayonnaise or just one of them.

No comments: