Monday, November 23, 2009

Molasses Cookies

Finally, a homemade cookie that Van said he really liked.

Molasses Cookies
Wholesome Sweeteners


Ingredients:

¾ cup organic butter

I subbed 1/2 cup cane sugar and 1/2 cup very dark brown sugar (which I mix by hand)
1 cup Wholesome Sweeteners’ Organic SUCANAT

1 cage-free egg, beaten

1/3 cup Wholesome Sweeteners’ Organic Blackstrap Molasses

¼ teaspoon sea salt

2 teaspoon baking soda

On these three spices, I used only 1/2 tsp each:

1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 ½ teaspoon ginger

1 tablespoon ground cloves (optional)

2 ¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour

Wholesome Sweeteners' Organic Sugar (for sprinkling)

Directions :

Cream together butter & sugar, add egg and beat thoroughly. Add molasses, salt, soda, cinnamon, ginger & cloves. Gradually mix in flour, mixture will be very thick. Using a teaspoon or cookie dropper, drop onto a greased cookie sheet and sprinkle with organic sugar. Bake 7-9 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

8 minutes was perfect.
These flatten out and are soft and slightly chewy.


Yields 4 dozen cookies.



Dough can be refrigerated for at least one hour and rolled out to use cookie cutters.

No comments: