Sunday, December 20, 2009

No more Maple Syrup.

I think we are cutting out maple syrup. The only reason I can see having it here is for Van to have in his yogurt. However, since I can buy the Brown Cow cream top yogurt with maple syrup already in it, I don't think I'll even bother ordering maple syrup again.

-It messes with my blood sugar (pretty significant energy drain shortly after eating it)
-trying to cut down our total sugar intake
-free up space in my fridge
-many other sweeteners available. I'll be using more stevia. Mercola favors stevia over all other natural sweeteners.

4 comments:

sarah said...

I wish I liked stevia more, I seem to use too much I think. Do you bake with it?

yodasmith said...

Good for you! Pure stevia is very good for you! I like to use SweetLeaf stevia! It has 0 calories, 0 carbs, and a 0glycemic index!

Good luck!

Rachel said...

I need to look over the stevia products again. I've been having gastric distress in the afternoons and I believe it is due to the FOS added to the stevia I was using. Too many dietary changes all at once, so now I have to pin it down.

yodasmith said...

Yes, I have baked with my SweetLeaf stevia in chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, and cranberry orange muffins, and they turned out well! When baking, you just need to add another ingredient to make up for lost volume. Fortunately, I had a cookbook! There also are recipes at www.sweetleaf.com