Saturday, February 27, 2010

Gettin' rid of sugar (and candida)

QUOTE: one of the many, many sidebars from out of Nourishing Traditions
"In the summer of 1965, I met a wise man from the East, a Japanese philosopher who had just returned from several weeks in Saigon. 'If you really expect to conquer the North Vietnamese,' he told me, 'you must drop Army PX's on them--sugar, candy and Coca-Cola. That will destroy them faster than bombs.'" William Dufty in Sugar Blues

Here are the best sugar substitutes:

https://shop.bodyecology.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BE021
Combination of erythritol

Also: KAL stevia powder

Also: Xylitol and Erythritol

I believe all other sugar should be eliminated and that it is possible if you use the above sweeteners as well as retrain your tastebuds. The cells in tastebuds are regenerated faster than any other cells in the body (so says one of my friends). Since being on my diet revolution of the past several months I can say that it doesn't take long to eliminate cravings and enjoy healthy foods almost as if they were candy, once you eliminate sugar.

If you want other healthier sweeteners, use raw honey.

I have stopped buying maple syrup and would consider that an occasional treat.

Read this great article about Agave Syrup / Agave Nectar, a processed, high-fructose derivative of traditional Aguamiel.

No comments: