Thursday, February 18, 2010

Rachel's Symptoms Update

2/18/2010

It's been about 9 days on the Nu-Zareba and continuing with my dietary plan and my supplement research and regimen.
  • My teeth are feeling and staying cleaner with the coconut kefir swish only 1 or 2 per day! My saliva test is looking better, so this just seems to validate the test itself.
  • My itching in general is mostly under control. Ears have not been itching, though I still have the crackling noise.
  • Itching in "nethers" comes on slightly sometimes but is less in general as long as I don't do any splurges on sugar. I think even larger amounts of fruit can put me over the edge, still.
  • I got a cold over a week ago. The post-nasal mucus is thick and persisting longer than I think it should.
  • I have really stinky gas, but not painful bloat like I used to get. I rack this up to the enzymes helping me digest the food, but getting gas from yeast die-off... exactly what I would hope to have given all my effort. I think I'll need to stay out of the movie theater until the yeast is all gone. Perhaps the gas is simply from the Nu-Zareba, yeast or not.
  • My taste buds are new and improved! I actually really like vegetables and am not craving sugar. Sugar cravings follow sugar ingestion.
I will be continuing to edit my children's diets. Tomorrow I start working on their coconut fat intake. I am concerned that my 3yo has yeast overload also. Her symptoms are:
  • A different smell to her breath, of and on, which has been since she was a baby.
  • Persistent looser stools (today, interestingly she had diarrhea)
  • Sugar cravings
  • Low probiotic intake. She only wants it if it's very sweet, of course.
Now that I am eating better, the kids are slowly warming up to some different foods. It takes time and modeling, but I can see how it can work over time.

No comments: