Thursday morning Green Smoothie
Just 3 ingredients.
1. Cashew milk leftover from late last night (raw cashews blended with water)
*I think almond milk would taste even better. Plan to soak the almonds overnight in salt water--they are so yummy the next morning!
2. Frozen, dark, sweet cherries (Woodstock brand from UNFI)
3. Two large handfuls of baby spinach (will be trying to steam some veggies ahead of time to neutralize oxalic acid--probably have to freeze it ahead of time for convenience.)
Thanks for all the ideas, Victoria Butenko.
I am interested in juicer brands. I suppose it will take me quite a while to research in bits and pieces and choose one, but I think it will be something I want to do in Minneapolis when we are in an apartment, I have to go to the grocery store often anyway since I will have only one standard fridge. I dream that I will have more time, because Van will be in school full time and I won't have a full house (full of stuff) to take care of. So, I should have more time for this kind of thing.
I am very interested in the Gerson coffee enema and will probably start using it really soon, because detox is really in the end what I am getting into. I don't think I'll have a ton of stuff to detox, because actually I have been doing some form of detox all along, (sorta). But what I need to start learning about is the Phase I and II detox: Each individual is different. It appears at first glance that I have a slow (or was it fast?) Phase I detox because I am so sensitive to caffeine/coffee. I also have issues I used to call "borderline hypoglycemia." Both of these traits run in my family! They go along also with restless leg syndrome which everyone starts doing better with when they take magnesium! So many of the pieces are starting to come together. The science is difficult for me to understand, I'm not sure how deep I will be able to go on my own, but I will continue to digest the info on heal-thyself.ning for as long as I see necessary. Probably really take me a couple of years.
Amazing. I started having itchies and full feeling in ears again on Monday for a couple of days. I immediately suspected some food, like maybe cocoa or too much sugar or something. But, I see that the specific nutrients are actually doing jobs to help me either kill candida, reduce die-off symptoms, help with histamines, help with binding toxins pulled by detox, stuff that actually does the detoxing, etc. So, when I let up on the supplemental regimen, I start getting the itches. It might not even be specific food allergies, though probably can't say that with certainty and it doesn't mean I will just start eating all the junk again. Certainly, I'm committed to going gluten free. It's working pretty well right now because I am gluten free but for my ease of prep for the family I can make them gluten foods. They are benefiting overall because there are fewer gluten foods in the house because of me. I hope to work them toward no gluten as they get used to products that I am making/using.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment