We have a quasi-neo-start to our lifestyle. We have moved to Minneapolis and are now city dwellers rather than suburbanites. Our 2 young children are also carrying cold lunches to school.
So, post #1 for our new start. I am doing really well at keeping myself to a Primal Blueprint style diet. Minimal grains, gluten free, dairy free. Keeping away from my allergens as much as I can (especially that my histamine symptoms are noticeable (elevated?) after the big cocoa-caused hives incident).
Today I am ordering Honeyville almond flour. I will be able to bake muffins, scones or something that in particular I need for my son's lunchbox. I will probably also make cookies for myself involving honey and coconut, but no eggs and no chocolate chips (That there aren't very many treats around here for me these days with so many restrictions--not even a cup of decaf coffee or Roastaroma tea).
Last night we did have brown rice pasta with chicken and homemade pesto. My own pesto was basil, pine nuts (too expensive, will use pecans next time), olive oil and salt. I removed some and then for my husband added garlic powder and parmesan. He really liked it. The kids ate plain chicken and a few other incidentals. Meredith and Erik had a scoop of Breyer's coffee ice cream.
This morning the kids and I had polenta. For the kids' warming breakfast, they had coconut oil, dairy cream, stevia and honey on theirs. Then their fish oil and orange juice laded with kombucha and an opened capsule of vitamin C and flavanoids.
Erik and I will be needing a real breakfast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment