Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cleanse Day 1

Blessed Herbs package arrived in mail this morning. I received the basic Colon Cleanse to be used for the next 8 days, as well as the Internal Cleanse to be used after the Colon Cleanse.

This morning I ate bacon while getting the kids off to school. I drove them to school. I am hungry. I am making a spinach, date and avocado smoothie. Then I'm going out shopping. I hope to take a hot tea with me in a travel mug. I have no idea what I'm doing for lunch, but it will be on the smaller side.

Tonight I will take the first step of the cleanse kit before and after dinner.

My general plan: Try to eat less, eat more like a vegan, and drink lots more liquids to fill up my stomach. I will not be doing the fasting cleanse because I need my energy and don't want to deal with crankiness due to hunger or blood sugar dips.

1 comment:

dee said...

Good luck with the cleanse! Let me know how you're feeling re: the parasites - I've often wondered if they're part of my problem too!

I recommend lots of vegetable soups for helping you feel full! They're easy to make vegan, freeze *really* well, and make the perfect lunch with a big spinach salad! I love my immersion blender soooo much!

Roasted root vegetable chowder is my favourite right now - and it makes a HUGE pot! The recipe I use is at :
http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2008/10/roasted-vegetable-chowder.html
(Karina has a ton of gluten-free/vegan recipes and I really enjoy them!)

If you're cutting out nightshades I'd go heavier on the yams & squash instead of potatoes, and just take out the tomatoes...
It's soooo good! I make mine with coconut milk and it's fabulous *and* a good source of coconut oil!
(and your whole home will smell amazing from the roasting veggies!)